LL.M. International Law in Armed Conflict
Université de Genève (UNIGE) > Centre de formation continue et à distance
Ajouté à myOrientation
Description de la formation
Le Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) est une formation postgrade donnée par les hautes écoles et elle équivaut à au moins 60 crédits ECTS.
The courses of the programme cover four subject:
1) Public International Law
- Sources and Subjects of Public International Law
- The Responsability to Protect
- Sanctions in Public International Law
2) International Humanitarian Law
- Basic principles of International Humanitarian Law and the Conduct of Hostilities in International Armed Conflicts
- Protection of Persons and Property in International Armed Conflict
- The Law of Non-International Armed Conflicts and Other Contested Issues
- Classification of Armed Conflicts
3) Human Rights in Armed Conflict
- The Interplay between International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights
- Selected Issues of protection during Armed Conflict and Disaster
- Peacekeeping and Human Rights in Armed Conflict
4) International Criminal Law
- Criminal Repression of International Crimes
- The Repression of Terrorism : Issues and Debates
- The International Criminal Court
At the end of each module, participants are required to complete a course evaluation. Final exams are administrated at the end of the academic year, and cover the material of the four modules.
Participants are required to write a Master's thesis under the supervision of a member of the Academy's faculty. A class on research skills will help participants to research and write their theses. Participants are required to orally defend their thesis.
The programme is complemented by conferences, workshops, seminars, and other key events organized throughout the year by the Academy.
- Acquire specialized knowledge concerning the legal framework applicable to armed conflicts, including the protection of human rights in armed conflict.
- Develop legal skills relevant to different complex situations.
- Enhance your appreciation of the options and strategies available with regard to protection and prosecution in times of armed violence.
- Work experience in the field
- Bachelor's degree minimum
- Proficiency in English
Practising lawyer, corporate counsel, diplomat and official from international organizations
Diplôme / examen
- Master of Advanced Studies MAS (incl. MBA, EMBA)
Executive Master of Advanced Studies in International Law in Armed Conflict, delivered jointly by the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies and the University of Geneva.
Lieu / adresse
- Genève (GE)
Villa Barton and Villa Moynier, Rue de Lausanne, Geneva, Switzerland
Début des cours
Durée de la formation
Twice a week, on Thursday evenings and Friday afternoons.
- A temps partiel
Renseignements / contact
Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights
Rue de Lausanne 120B
Tel.: +41 (0)22 908 44 83/88