Geneva LL.M. in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS)
Université de Genève (UNIGE) > Centre de formation continue et à distance
Ajouté à myOrientation
Description de la formation
Le Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) est une formation postgrade donnée par les hautes écoles et elle équivaut à au moins 60 crédits ECTS.
A typical curriculum includes:
- Two general courses providing a comprehensive overview of international dispute settlement: The Organization of International Dispute Settlement and International Legal Proceedings
- Eight intensive courses from a choice of fifteen courses
- Two optional courses drawn from a list of about 25 classes relating to international dispute settlement, international law and business law
- Weekly tutorials held in small groups
- Workshops in legal writing skills, advocacy in arbitration (run by the Foundation for International Arbitration Advocacy), financial damage analysis and mediation
- A two-day academic retreat
- Site visits to international dispute settlement institutions in Geneva, Paris and The Hague
- Participation in at least two major academic conferences and symplsia in Switzerland and abroad
- Several high-profile lectures specifically organized for the program
- Career events with practitioners working in law firms
- LL.M. Thesis
Provide the opportunity for in-depth study of all aspects of dispute settlement in the international arena, across the divide of public and private, with an emphasis on today's most relevant fields such as commercial and investment arbitration, and ICJ and WTO dispute settlement procedures.
In order to maintain a low student-faculty ratio low, no more than 35 to 40 students are enrolled each year. The selection process is based on the strengths of each individual record of academic and or professional achievements.
- To be considered for the program, applicants must have received a first complete law degree (such as a Bologna Master degree, a J.D. or an LL.B.).
- Applicants whose primary language is not English or who did not receive their university education in the English language must take a language proficiency test (TOEFL or IELTS). The admissions committee looks for a TOEFL score of at least 90 points on the Internet-based TOEFL or an IELTS overall score of at least 6.5.
Recent law school graduate, lawyer working in law firm, government, international organization or NGO, judge or doctoral student The programme seeks to enrol candidates from a variety of countries, backgrounds and career plans.
Diplôme / examen
- Master of Advanced Studies MAS (incl. MBA, EMBA)
Master of advanced studies in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS)
Diploma jointly awarded by the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID)
Lieu / adresse
- Genève (GE)
Rue de Lausanne 120b
Début des cours
Durée de la formation
- A plein temps
Renseignements / contact
Mrs Evelyne Bryden
Tel.: +41(0)22 908 44 86